Version 01, May 2018
VHLGenetics will not use your data unless you consent to us doing so or if we need it to supply you with products or services or have already done so. VHLGenetics does not sell your personal data to any third parties. VHLGenetics only provides this data to third parties involved in performing the agreement between VHLGenetics and yourself, such as data processors at our webshops and communications between laboratories in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany if required to conduct tests.
To serve organisations better, we offer our DNA services under the brands CombiBreed®, CombiGen®, VHLGenetics® and SNPExpert, whose websites you can visit at www.combibreed.com, www.combigen.com, www snpexpert.com and www.vhlgenetics.com respectively. We also use our brands' local domain names sometimes, such as combibreed.fr in France and combibreed.it in Italy. VHLGenetics cannot process this data in any other way without your (express) consent.
VHLGenetics's contact details are as follows:
Dr. Van Haeringen Laboratorium BV, Agro Business Park 100, NL-6708 PW Wageningen, the Netherlands
Dr. Van Haeringen Polygen bvba, Kasteellaan 7, BE-2390 Malle, Belgium
Certagen GmbH, Marie-Curie-Strasse 1, D-53359 Rheinbach, Germany
If you have any questions, you can also reach our customer service at info@VHPGenetics.com. To find out more about the underlying brands, please go to www.dnaisourcore.com.
- 1. If you place an order with us, VHLGenetics gathers data you provide, such as your name, e-mail address, home address and payment details, including your bank account or credit card data, but uses them only to invoice you for using our services and providing them and to keep you up to date with relevant developments.
- If a third party, like a company or veterinary practice, places orders and/or pays invoices under an agreement between you and that party, VHLGenetics will send the order results to that party.
- If you use our websites, data is gathered automatically by the technology platforms which make this possible. Your web browser or mobile device may share certain data with VHLGenetics if these devices communicate with our website, for example.
- We use your data to inform you electronically (via e-mail, for example) about special offers and campaigns by VHLGenetics and about new relevant products by our partners until you deregister.
- If you register for our newsletter or request information, we will keep your name, address and e-mail address and will send you details of our campaigns and/or promotions by e-mail and/or we may contact you about offers and promotions.
- VHLGenetics does not sell your data. VHLGenetics will not sell or provide your personal data to third parties, and will only provide this data to third parties involved in delivering the services agreed. Our staff and third parties we engage must respect the confidentiality of your data.
- Partners. VHLGenetics uses partners to manage and store our data. These partners may be both inside and outside the EU. VHLGenetics chooses partners who can protect personal data adequately, either by following the EU-US privacy shield, the Binding Corporate Rules or signing processor agreements. VHLGenetics concludes processor agreements with all our partners if we need to.
- Retaining data. VHL keeps written documents clients send for five years. We will return written documents to clients if they ask, but we may make copies of them. We will destroy materials and items client send once we have performed contracts unless we believe these need to be kept longer. We will remove your personal data if you ask us to, but bear in mind that copies of this data may be kept in back-ups.
- Security. Safeguarding your data is also important. If you enter your bank details to collect your subscription automatically, we ensure these details are encrypted with SSL (Secure Socket Layer). Remember no security is 100% safe, however, and that VHLGenetics cannot guarantee it. We have taken organisational and technical measures within our organisation to make using your data secure.
- Payments via the webshop. If you enter your credit card details or other bank details in our webshop, please be aware that an external payment processor will process your payments.
- Your rights to your personal data. You have the right to revoke your consent to our using your personal data; and you can also examine your data to correct or remove it if the data we have stored is incorrect or unlawful otherwise.
We will inform you about the cookies law on this page as well and clearly as we can.
What are cookies?
Cookies are very small text files which are stored on your hard drive or in your computer's memory. They are linked to the web browser (Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) on the computer you use to visit a website.
What do cookies do?
Cookies can be used to save your personal preferences, like language settings or font sizes, to remember what products you put in your shopping basket at a webshop or let you log in to a website faster by remembering your user name and pre-entering it.
Cookies can also be used to build up a picture of your interests, such as by remembering what kind of articles you read or headings you visit. This helps publishers offer you relevant information, such as extra news articles on subjects in which you showed an interest before or ads which relate to your interests. So publishers can avoid burdening users with irrelevant advertising and ensure you don't end up seeing the same ads or videos time and time again.
Do cookies tell publishers who I am?
No, definitely not! Cookies are held in your computer's web browser, and are not linked to you personally: so they can only tell publishers what computers they are dealing with, not who is using them. Nor can cookies be used to get your personal data, like your e-mail or home address. So they have absolutely nothing to do with unwanted sales calls, spam or viruses.
We use other cookies for statistical purposes, like measuring how often visitors use our sites, what articles they like reading, what web browsers they use and what search terms they enter in their search engines to find our websites, so we can optimise and improve both their form and content. These cookies do not hold personal data, so they do not record who you are or what your e-mail address is.
Why should I allow cookies?
Cookies help VHLGenetics improve our websites constantly. We use the users' statistics we gather to improve our users' experience and the quality of the content of our sites.
VHLGenetics' websites could not work without cookies, in a number of ways. We use them to let you log in, for instance. If you disable cookies, some parts of our websites won't work well any longer.
How can I reject cookies, though?
You can opt to delete cookies from your web browser's settings completely, or only allow cookies which are offered by the website you are visiting at the time, so third party cookies will be blocked.
Either way, these settings don't then just apply to VHLGenetics' websites, but to the Internet as a whole; and your settings will always be linked to your web browser. So you need to tell each browser and each computer you use what you want.